by Dr Sircus
March 6, 2013
In modern medicine everything is defined as toxic so they obsess with the idea that the dose makes the poison. The problem is that not everything is poisonous. Is water? How about clean air, organic food? Well sure one can drown in water and eat too much good food but does that make them poisonous?
Is Coke poisonous? Is it toxic? A New Zealand coroner has linked the death of a 31-year-old woman to her Coca-Cola addiction. The coroner concluded that the sugar and caffeine she got by drinking more than 2.6 gallons of Coca-Cola Classic per day was “a substantial factor” in her death.
The woman’s partner said she would get headaches and act moody without her Coke fix. Close friends said she would “get the shakes” and other withdrawal symptoms. Her heart would race, her liver was swollen, and her rotting teeth had to be removed. But, said the report, “the family did not consider that Coke was harmful due to the fact of it having no warning signs.”
Dr. Christopher Holstege, chief of medical toxicology at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, said anything can be toxic in large enough quantities. “In toxicology, everything comes down to dose. And it sounds as though she was certainly taking an excessive dose,” he said, adding that drinking two gallons of soda per day with limited amounts of food can cause a dangerous imbalance in electrolytes. “You’re also not getting essential nutrients when you’re only drinking Coke. You’re basically getting sugar, and you’re going to be deficient in vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients.”
When you look at all the science that shows that tumors are pH sensitive moving more rapidly and aggressively into low pH (acid) conditions one has to wonder if Coke and Pepsi cause cancer. Both of these drinks are incredibly acidic working to destroy peoples’ health slowly through time. I personally know the son of the ex-president of Coke Cola Company here in Brazil and his grandfather told him to never take a sip. He never did!
I am putting together a book (for me booklet size) called Selenium Medicine and it will include information on related topics like glutathione, sulfur, garlic, selenium nuts (I love them in smoothies), spirulina and mercury, which by the way is the only poison in this sentence.
In this book I am proposing high dose selenium therapy for cancer and other serious diseases. Shouldn’t you be afraid to take high dosages of such a toxic mineral such as selenium? After all it has a bad reputation for being dangerous! Right?
Using aspirin is considerably more dangerous than using selenium; aspirin kills thousands of people a year in the United States alone and we don’t have medical doctors going around telling people not to take aspirin. And we don’t have doctors going around telling people not to drink Coke.
The July 1998 issue of The American Journal of Medicine said:
“Conservative calculations estimate that approximately 107,000 patients are hospitalized annually for non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)-related gastrointestinal (GI) complications and at least 16,500 NSAID-related deaths occur each year among arthritis patients alone.” (Singh Gurkirpal, MD, “Recent Considerations in Non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug Gastropathy,” The American Journal of Medicine, July 27, 1998, p. 31S)
Common over-the-counter painkillers such as aspirin kill around 20,000 Americans every year, and another 100,000 end up in hospital as a result of taking the drug, new research reveals. Painkillers known as NSAIDs (non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs) are far more dangerous than people have been told and can cause life-threatening gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding, stomach perforations and ulcers. More than 14 million Americans regularly take an NSAID for their arthritis pain alone, and around 60% of these will suffer gastrointestinal side effects—and will probably never blame the drug, researchers from the Eastern Virginia Medical School estimate.
Selenium is Safe
An online search reveals only one reported death from selenium. In 2006 an Australian man died after swallowing 10,000 times the daily dose of selenium. The 75-year-old mistakenly purchased sodium selenite powder used primarily as a supplement for livestock and swallowed 10 grams.
Selenium toxicity is rare in the U.S. The few reported cases have been associated with industrial accidents and a manufacturing error that led to an excessively high dose of selenium in a supplement. The Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences has set a tolerable upper intake level (UL) for selenium at 400 micrograms per day (ug/day) for adults to prevent the risk of developing selenosis.