Chewing gum may have played role in teenager’s death, inquest told
Samantha Jenkins, 19, who chewed up to 14 sticks a day, suffered fatal convulsions that might be linked to consuming gum to excess, says coroner
A teenager may have died after consuming too much chewing gum, getting through up to 14 sticks a day, an inquest has heard.
Samantha Jenkins, 19, died in the arms of her mother days after being taken to hospital following a violent fit. Her body had failed to absorb enough vital minerals and large lumps of chewing gum were found in her stomach, the hearing in Swansea, south Wales, was told.